Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Listening pleassuure

Here's another installment of listening for today.

 

Came across this one, very interesting, never thought I'd hear it but now have. check this;

BRIAN BORU IRISH PIPE BAND

 

 

Love the tune 'Green Hills Techno'

They can be found on MS

-------------------------------------------

Next its a group called Bassboosa

I especially like their rendition of 'Wicked Games.' Its tough to compare to the last time I heard this song performed by Chris Isaack(his version of the same song.) In Bassboosa's version its allot more sultry and harmonic. I like both versions equally, though I'd take out the slight techno hints in Bass's. 

---------------------------------------------

 

On to black lab

Having never heard of them before I'm lovin' their song 'Mine Again'. Its a nice mix of band types from ABC to U2.

--------------------------------------------

Switching from POP to swing..

Then there's the Squirrel Nut Zippers

I just love these guys and have for years. They're wonderful. They're playing in NY the end of August and I'm going to try and see them live. I have to get my big band, swing jive on. I'm going to try to find a zoot suit to wear as well. This should be interesting.............

--------------------------------------------

Next is a German lad Roger Cicero

On par with the likes of Neil Sadaka, he's got a smooth voice and great accompaniment. Its all in German, but hey, music should be enjoyed right? (plus I found him singing in perfect English, what talent). I'm buying this artists stuff. I like his song 'Murphy's Gasetz' and can be heard on his MS site.

---------------------------------------------

No comments: