Monday, September 10, 2007

Bounce

So, I turn on the TV this morning and hear all of the hubbub about Brittany Spears (BS - for those of you not in the know.)

(courtesy celebitchy) 

Being that I'm a closeted celeb watcher, I secreted myself away from wifey to watch the clips. OMG WTF. What in heavens sake was she thinking? I mean, the only thing she had on LALO was a bit more of a career potential and more income.. That though seems to be over.

I've read reviews from the Daily News, Times, Post, LA Times, Post-Intelligencer, TMZ, E, etc etc. I actually can't find any, save her dedicated fan sites, that have not panned the performance and woman herself. All have declared her career OVER.

My take on this has a slight medical aspect to it. Its a bit unsettling and certainly not a pleasing thought, but here it goes....

Last night the entertainment world heard a thud. It was Brittany's career (and any cred MTV had left) falling from the top of the highest building and hitting the concrete sidewalk below. When bodies do this (as anyone who has also witnessed such can attest) the body bounces about 3 feet back into the air, dead, and then flops to the ground.

Last night we heard thud and saw the bounce. Now we're just gawking at the remnants left over which need to be hosed from the sidewalk into the gutter where it belongs.  

No comments: