Thursday, June 1, 2006

OMG

Thursday, June 01, 2006OMG!! Current mood: Puzzled So, I just received an emergency phone call from a client property. Turns out that a bush in front of the building where they live is "smoking" with 'small bits' of fire visible. The caller wanted me to dispatch a maintenance person to the building to put the smoking bush 'out.'Now, you have to understand, I'm 2 states away at this point. A maintenance person at this time of day is 45 minutes away.I, calmly now, asked "did you call the fire department?" To which was responded to me, "no, should I? Can't someone come by and dump a pot full of water on it, its only a bush." Me - "Ma'am, again, anyone I could send is 45 minutes away. I'd call the FD."Her - "I'm afraid to call the FD, because I don't know how to do it." (she owns the apartment and is 35)Me - "Ma'am, its very easy, hang up with me and dial 9-1-1"Her - " but that is for crimes, this isn't a crime."Me - " Ma'am, they handle any type of emergency, even fire's"Her - "when did they start putting fires out, I thought they carried guns"Me - "Ma'am, there's a fire outside the building you're in right now, you're calling me. I'm trying to help. Please hang up and call 9-1-1."Her - 'click'I wish I was making this up.

No comments: