Monday, August 6, 2007

I was A sniveling, Weeping idiot

This past Thursday morning (4:30), I awoke and could not fall back to sleep. Trying to turn my brain off, I switched on the trusty tv and started watching the new episode of Eureka I had Tivo'd from Tuesday night. The episode "The Games People Play" (click to watch in webisode format) is about the main characters life and relationship with his daughter and ex-wife. In summary, the main character, Jack, is now the police chief in the town of Eureka. His somewhat troubled daughter, Zoey, has been living with him for the past year. The year is coming to a close and Jack's ex-wife (Abbey)appears out of the blue. The back story is that Jack and Abbey made and agreement that Zoey would stay with Jack for the year and then return to her mother in L.A.

Unfortunately, Jack never tells Zoey about he and her mothers agreement. Zoey now blends in well in the community, has made numerous friends, and her own life, in Eureka. She off-handedly finds out about her parents agreement in the midst of watching her parents argue. She storms away in shock and horror, her life about to be up-ended.  

Zoey contacts the towns therapist and is given a virtual reality device to wear to help her cope and work out the feelings she's experiencing.

In quick summary, Jack finds the VR device, places it on his head and is mentally captured by it because of a malfunction.

The episode explores Jack's relationship with everyone in his life. It also explores the townspeople's relationship with Jack and their care and concern for him. In the end, Abbey discovers how very deeply all in town believe in and care for Jack.

Watching this episode made me again realize how very special everyone in my life is to me. It made me further appreciate the relationship I have with wifey, my sister and her family, nieces, nephews and of course, Bro'ness. It left me weeping with tears rolling down my face.

Its a quirky show, but boy did this episode pack a punch.

Tuesday nights on SciFi Channel.  

No comments: